A no-nonsense way to get professional, reputable assistance during these troubling times! All free!
FOP has partnered with:
- International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy Associates (FBINAA)
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
- International Association of Directors of Law Enforcement Standards and Training (IADLEST)
- National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives (NAWLEE)
- National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE)
- National Sheriffs’ Association (NSA)
- National Tactical Officers Association (NTOA)
- Major County Sheriffs Association
Led by the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), CRI-TAC is a partnership between the COPS Office and a number of professional law enforcement organizations throughout the field to provide premier law enforcement technical assistance to law enforcement agencies on request. The COPS Office “by the field, for the field” approach combines collaboration and professional advancement, making the technical assistance provided practical, while creating greater capacity for law enforcement to address the ever-changing challenges and landscape of policing.
The Collaborative Reform Initiative provides critical and tailored technical assistance resources to state, local, territorial, and tribal law enforcement agencies on a wide variety of topics. It features a “by the field, for the field” approach while delivering individualized technical assistance using leading experts in a range of public safety, crime reduction, and community policing topics. Law enforcement agencies that are interested in receiving technical assistance through the Collaborative Reform Initiative should visit the COPS Office website.
FOP Lodges can request assistance as well. Project Manager and National Sergeant at Arms Keith Turney can assist any lodge with a CRI-TAC request and where necessary help coordinate service delivery through a local law enforcement agency.
I have been the FOP Project Manger to CRI-TAC since its inception in 2018. This initiative is like no other that I have ever been involved in. There is no drawn-out application process nor need to provide financial documents or other burdensome paperwork. A simple email gets the ball rolling and within weeks there is a plan of action presented. At every step of the way, the agency requesting services is in control. There are no mandates nor requisites to what is provided. It’s the best delivery of training and consultation that I have ever seen and it’s all provided free of charge.