The Jack Dudek Member of the Year Award was established as a means of rewarding an individual member for their service and dedication to the community, their department and the Fraternal Order of Police on the local, state and national levels. This award is the most prestigious acknowledgment that our membership can bestow on one of its own. It is an honor that is given each year, either at the midterm Board Meeting or at our National Conference.
In 2023 the Member of the Year Award Committee will determine who will receive this distinguished award at the Biennial National Conference in Las Vegas, NV, August 14-17.
Nominations are to be submitted in resume form by a subordinate lodge, stating the qualifications of the member being nominated for this award. The following guidelines are to be followed for the correct submission of an application and consideration by the committee for selection as Member of the Year:
- All applications must be submitted in legible typewritten form on FOP letterhead (five copies, please), giving all pertinent information as to why the members of your lodge feel the applicant should be considered for this prestigious award.
- All applications must be submitted by a subordinate lodge in good standing. No individual member shall submit their name as a nominee for this award.
- Nominees should be considered on the basis of their career in the law enforcement profession, FOP involvement and service to the community.
- Only active FOP members currently working in law enforcement or retired from law enforcement service shall be considered for this award.
- All applications will be sent to the committee chairperson, who will then disseminate copies to the selection committee members.
- In order to allow the committee ample time to read and consider each application, a cut-off date must be set for receiving applications. All applications must be received by the committee chairperson no later than six weeks prior to the first day of the Board Meeting or National Conference. The deadline for 2023 nominations is July 3, 2023.
- After each committee member receives a copy of all properly submitted applications, they will advise the chairperson of their choice for the Fraternal Order of Police Member of the Year Award.
- The committee chairperson, after receiving each committee member’s selection in writing, will advise the whole committee as to the applicant receiving the most votes and declare that individual the winner of the award.
- The chairperson of the committee will then advise the National President of the selection by the committee and will follow the directives of the National President as to preparations of the Member of the Year plaque.
- The President of the National Lodge shall present a plaque to the recipient of the Member of the Year Award, as well as a check for $1,000.
Please submit all applications to:
Ed Brannigan, Chair
Awards and Recognition Committee
701 Marriott Drive
Nashville TN 37214
Committee members involved in the selection of the Member of the Year Award are: Chair Ed Brannigan, NJ; Mike Burns, KS; Allen Hamby, AR; David McClure, SC; Dan Mitchell, OH; Shawn Richards, MD; and David Willis, MI.