The Education Services Committee recognizes the need and benefit of education for the members of the Fraternal Order of Police. The committee also recognizes that a member may not be in a financial position to attend a college or a university and the member’s agency/employer may not have a tuition reimbursement program. The National Fraternal Order of Police will provide assistance in the form of an tuition reimbursement scholarship to eligible members so that they may be able to obtain an education degree.
It is the policy of the National Education Services Committee that all requests for tuition reimbursement scholarship from FOP members comply with the following guidelines:
- All requests shall be on forms approved by the Education Services Committee and must be filled out completely.
- No state or subordinate lodge or a member’s family member shall be eligible for tuition reimbursement scholarships.
- The member may apply for a tuition reimbursement scholarship so long as they are a member in good standing.
- All requests shall be made within forty-five (45) days after the completion of the semester for which the member is applying and in which enrolled.
- No member may receive more than one (1) tuition reimbursement scholarship from the National FOP in the same year.
- The member must be a student in one of the NFOPU-affiliated schools.
- The member must not be eligible for money/reimbursement from his/her agency/employer. Agency/Employer verification is required.
- Reimbursement will be made to the member once they successfully complete the course with a grade of “C” or higher or a “PASS.” The member must submit a copy of their certified grades along with receipts for reimbursement for tuition and books.
- The tuition reimbursement scholarship shall be up to $500.00.
- Funds for the tuition reimbursement scholarship will be awarded so long as funds are available.
The Education Services Committee will review all requests for the tuition reimbursement scholarships. The committee will make a recommendation to the National President for final approval. No application will be accepted if it is not submitted according to the above stated guidelines.