The Education Services Committee recognizes the need and benefit of training and educational opportunities for the members of the Fraternal Order of Police. The committee also recognizes that a member, a local lodge or a state lodge may not be in a financial position to obtain training or educational experiences. The National Fraternal Order of Police will provide assistance in the form of scholarships – in certain and limited cases – to members, local lodges or state lodges so that they may obtain training or educational experiences that have a real and direct benefit to FOP members, local lodges or state lodges. The scholarships offered by the National FOP will include:
- Waiver of seminar registration fees
- Funding for a new training/educational experience – not a traditional National FOP seminar – which will benefit an FOP member, a local lodge or a state lodge.
It is the policy of the National FOP Education Services Committee that all requests for education scholarships from FOP members, local lodges or state lodges comply with all of the following guidelines:
- All requests shall be on forms prescribed by the Education Services Committee and be filled out completely.
- No subordinate lodge shall be eligible for education scholarships unless they are in compliance with all segments of the Compliance Committee mandates.
- No individual member may apply for an education scholarship until receiving the approval of his/her local lodge.
- All requests for training shall be received no less than forty-five (45) days prior to the start of the scheduled training.
- No member, local lodge or state lodge may receive more than two (2) scholarships per National FOP fiscal year.
- A separate application must be completed for each person requesting a scholarship.
- Total scholarship award amount shall not be more than $500 per individual, local or state lodge, per training event.
The Education Services Committee will review all requests for education scholarships. The committee will make a recommendation to the National President for final approval. No application will be accepted if it is not submitted according to the above guidelines.